Rules and Conditions
Chambers of Commerce have a long and proud tradition of assisting small businesses with their health insurance needs. Our goal is to facilitate access to as many product choices as possible and to back up that access with customer service and advocacy. For the program to work properly for all, however, it is important for customers to know, understand and follow some basic understandings and procedures, including the following:
- Insurance coverage is not in effect until you are notified in writing by the insurance carrier/company.
- Actual enrollment is subject to the underwriting guidelines and decision-making process of the insurance company and is entirely subject to their final approval. We cannot and do not guarantee approval or coverage, and it is agreed that the Chamber and/or Service Corp. are in no way responsible or liable for decisions and actions on the part of the insurance company.
- All rates and premiums are subject to approval by and the rules and regulations of the New York State Department of Financial Services.
- When the payment of insurance premiums is administered through the Chamber and/or Service Corp. it is understood that applicable administrative fees are due at the time of the premium and payment shall be regarded as incomplete in the absence of payment of any such fees. Payments are due on the 15th of the month prior to the coverage period. If payment is not received by the last day of the month a $35.00 late fee will be added to the account. It is understood that the Chamber and/or Service Corp has the right to terminate insurance coverage if payment is not received in full by the end of the month in which payment was due. In the event that an insurance policy is canceled for non-payment of premium the Chamber and/or Service Corp reserve the right to charge a $25.00 reinstatement fee to cover administrative costs associated with the reinstatement of the policy however the Chamber and/or Service Corp cannot guarantee the reinstatement of any and/or all coverage that was present prior to cancellation.
- Any and all notices of termination of coverage by the subscriber, or of changes in coverage by the applicant/subscriber must be in writing. The subscriber remains fully liable for all premiums and fees until the receipt of such written notice. Termination dates and effective dates for any changes are entirely subject to the guidelines and policies of the insurance company and are not the responsibility of the Chamber and/or Service Corp.